Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Sugarplums! Done-sies.

Hello my darlings,

So, true to my word, I made sugarplums and they are pretty much the best thing ever. I took a recipe off the interwebs and tweaked it here and there... swapped honey for organic agave syrup, apricots for papayas and so forth. Thus I present:

DORIS PLUM'S SUGARPLUMS

1 cup walnuts, toasted
1/2 cup almonds, toasted
zest of one orange
About 1/2 cup organic agave syrup
1/2 cup prunes (these are called dried plums here in the States; HILARIOUS)
1/2 cup dried papaya
Icing sugar to coat

Blitz everything in a food processor, roll into little balls, cover in icing sugar and pop in the fridge. Voila!

Incidentally, the winner of the Doris Plum Sugarplum competition (drumroll please) is... Mark Pascoli. Congratulations, Mark. Enjoy.

I'm off to New York this afternoon, so happy holidays everyone. I will try and blog over the break.

Smooches,

Doris

No comments:

Post a Comment